Thursday, January 24, 2013

Today I was able to test fit the new binding.  I used a heat gun to warm and soften the plastic binding to allow it to bend easier into the tight curves of the guitar body.  Once it was all in place i allowed it to cool for a couple of hours then came back and took it back off so that I could glue it.  Got it glued in place and re-taped and wrapped with some HUGE rubber bands.  When I say huge, I mean they're about 15 inches across BEFORE you stretch them.  HA!  Anyway, now it's a 2 day wait for the glue to cure fully then I can scrape the plastic binding down where it's larger than the body and do some final sanding of the body in places where it's larger than the binding.  A couple of hours worth of final sanding and she'll be ready for grain filler and sealer then on to paint! Going great so far.




No comments:

Post a Comment